Only candidates who are Costa Rican Nationals and Residents that have a work permit in Costa Rica will be considered.
Under the overall supervision by Regional Director for Central and North American and the Caribbean, direct supervision of the Regional Media and Communications Officer, the Media and Communications Assistant will support the implementation of the communications strategy of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) for Central, North America and the Caribbean. The Media and Communications Assistant is responsible for developing, editing, updating and publishing content in the different media of the Regional Office of Communications in San José, Costa Rica.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Media and Communications Officer in San Jose, the incumbent will be based in San Jose and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the production of contents for the regional communications strategy.
- Advise the country missions in the production of contents.
- Coordinate the implementation of IOM's global communication campaigns with the communication focal points of the country missions.
- Manage social media accounts of the Regional Office in San José.
- Review social media indicators and define the appropriate strategies to improve them.
- Manage and update the contents of the regional office website.
- Manage, update and edit the contents of the regional blog "On the Move".
- Prepare and send newsletter with the IOM's press notes in Spanish.
- Support the Regional Media and Communications Officer in the design and implementation of external and internal communication campaigns.
- Writing and producing stories of migrants to publish in different media.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Communications or similar field. from an accredited institution with minimum three years of relevant work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in the production of digital content, development of campaigns of institutional communication and management of social media.
- Experience with UN agencies or other international organizations is an advantage.
- Writing skills for a variety of products: talking point, op-eds, blogs, press, notes, scripts, etc.
- Knowledge of programs such as Mailchimp, Drupal (for website update), Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud (desirable).
- Multi-tasker and good coordinator.
- Great eye for details in audiovisual products, from videos to editorial design.
- Required (specify the required knowledge) Desirable Fluency in English and Spanish (Oral and written) is required
- Working Knowledge of French is an advantage
Type of contract: Special Short term graded G5
Applications must be sent to: ROSanJoseVacancies@iom.int .
In the subject please indicate the position number and title : CR99/SVN-2021-001/001 Media and Communications Assistant.
“Any offer made to the successful candidate in connection with this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The appointment will be subject to the certification that the candidate medically apt for the appointment, and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the corresponding government, when appropriate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.”