Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Resource Management Officer (SRRMO) and direct supervision of the Regional Resource Management Officer, (RRMO); and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the resources management functions in the Regional Office San Jose, Costa Rica. the Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Assist in managing financial resources by monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations.
· Assist in preparing annual budget submission and revisions including estimating staff cost as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget.
· Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems.
· Assist providing guidance in accounting, budget and financial related issues.
· Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results.
· Reviews all types of payments starting from purchases to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith;
· Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM.
· Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions.
· Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered.
· Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required.
· Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.
· Ensure proper and systematic completion of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards.
· Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and,
· Perform other related duties as required.
IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or, · Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage.· Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
· Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learnnew things; and,
· Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations,non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
Required (specify the required knowledge) Desirable Fluency in English and Spanish (Oral and written) is required
Working Knowledge of French is an advantage
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way
Applications must be sent to: ROSanJoseVacancies@iom.int .
In the subject please indicate the position :