Under the overall supervision of the Executive Secretary of the Regional Conference on Migration (RCM), the successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of RCM’s tasks, projects and Plans of Work, in line with the expectations and needs of RCM Member Countries and the Presidency Pro-Témpore.
- Develop, in coordination with the Executive Secretary, reference notes, baselines, background papers, zero drafts and technical questionnaires on the themes and subjects which are part of the RCM Plan of Action.
- Provide technical assistance on preparing and adjusting strategic working plans.
- Keep updated the internal matrix for follow-up on RCM mandates (Plan of Action, Conclusions, Recommendations and Vice-Ministers’ Decisions) as well as the official RCM document ‘formats’ and ‘to do’ lists for the Executive Secretariat including deadlines.
- Provide specialized assistance for the timely and effective implementation, reporting and monitoring of the project activities according to the work plan.
- Assist in maintaining strong liaison with key governmental authorities, civil society organizations, donors and other UN agencies and International Organizations in the region.
- Ensure high-quality project reporting, including ad-hoc, interim, bi-annual, and meeting reports.
- Contribute to the design, development, and review of publications within the RCM framework.
- Provide assistance for the development of consulted RCM Declarations, documents, working plans, guidelines, manuals, etc.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- Coordinate the administrative and logistical preparations for RCM conferences, meetings, seminars and other activities, including meeting site or field assistance.
- Draft letters of invitation, general communications, logistical guides, reports and other documents (English and Spanish) required in support of the RCM and Executive Secretariat activities and liaise with relevant officials of the RCM member countries for accuracy of said drafts.
- Support with informal translations of RCM documents English/Spanish and vice-versa. When translations are done elsewhere and by third parties, revise the translated text for accuracy.
- Draft terms of reference for contracting logistical support services such as simultaneous interpretations and translations for RCM events, including payment processing and follow-up with the service provider organizations or individuals.
- Draft narrative and financial reports according to specifications, standards and timelines required by the RCM.
- Maintain current all phone, e-mail, and fax numbers and other contact information of relevant RCM member country officials.
- Organize the filing system, based on IOM guidelines. File incoming/outgoing documents.
- Perform office manager responsibilities in terms of control of supplies and equipment and provision of back-up support in budget matters.
- Prepare paperwork to purchase office supplies and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of the Secretariat supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate Travel Authorizations and other security procedures.
- Organize, support, and participate in meetings with external stakeholders and prepare relevant notes for files, meeting minutes, action points, etc.
- Promotes and preserves consensus among RCM Member Countries while interacting with country representatives.
- Preserves impartiality and neutrality while interacting with country representatives.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism.
- Works effectively with country representatives and stakeholders.
- Promotes and seeks continuous learning.
- Communicates clearly with stakeholders from different cultures.
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management.
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Contributes to a collegial team environment.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation.
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.