Terms of Reference – Instructional designer consultant
I. Position Information
Consultancy: Instructional Designer
San Jose, Costa Rica
IOM E-Campus Capacity-Building Assistant
Vacancy Specific Information
Estimate start date
II. Organizational Context and Scope
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM's mission is to promote humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM's migration learning platform, E-Campus, is an online platform that offers three different e-learning modalities: self-paced courses, tutored and bi-modal. The Platform hosts free and open courses and specialized courses offered on-demand or under bi-modal (a virtual course that complements a face to face course) modality.
The Platform has strengthened its capacities to develop e-learning courses in-house. The demand for courses is growing. Consequently, there is a need to hire a technical or professional E-Learning Instructional Designer to create interactive e-learning experiences and solutions.
Under the overall supervision of the IOM E-Campus Project Coordinator and direct supervision of the IOM E-Campus Capacity-Building Assistant, the selected person will be responsible for the following duties:
• Applying tested instructional design theories, practice and methods while attending to IOM standards
• Develop online curriculum for the self-paced courses on migration topics in close coordination with IOM E-Campus Team and other IOM staff.
• Develop scripts using available resources on migration topics and provide constant feedback following IOM E-Campus standards. This implies correcting and adapting the scripts to the different revision processes, reviewing the written content and drafts of the different stages of the design of the virtual course (alpha, beta, and gold versions), and providing inputs to enhance e-learning experience (e.g. text on screen, graphic designs, visuals and animations, etc.).
• Assist stakeholders and requesters in analyzing training needs, identifying learning solutions, developing eLearning storyboards, etc.
• Provide feedback to presentations and course scripts, storyboard, for e-learning production.
• Design learning exercises, case studies, activities and knowledge assessments, quizzes.
• Convert instructor-led training workshop content into engaging and interactive e-learning courses
• Work with subject matter experts, assessing content, and identifying gaps to efficiently transfer their knowledge into learning materials.
• Quality assurance (QA) testing of courses prior to their release; uploading/testing courses in the LMS
• Estimate, plan, prioritize, and coordinate work to meet delivery schedules and to ensure accuracy of created content.
• Performs any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• Deliver the final products on time to the full satisfaction of IOM, following IOM standards.
The interest part must send the following documentation in order to be considered:
- Previously developed course samples.
- Economic proposal.
The consultant must submit each product for review and satisfactory approval for the payment to be made.
- The consultant will be responsible for the equipment (laptop and others), and software licenses need to develop the products.
- The delivery of all products must be punctual on the agreed date. The property rights of the delivered products belong exclusively to the OIM. The contracted person must be willing to make the changes requested by the IOM, with the prior agreement of both parties.
- The expected product is a work report indicating the assigned tasks' status and progress based on a previously agreed work plan document.
- The reports are due by the last week of each month.
- Product 1: First work report
- Product 2: Second work report
- Product 3: Final work report
El/la candidato/a deberá enviar su CV, con tres referencias laborales (nombre, cargo, teléfono y correo electrónico), propuesta ecónomica junto con una carta de motivación de máximo una página de extensión, al correo: COSanJoseVacancies2@iom.int haciendo referencia a la vacante: Consultancy