Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The objective of this consultancy is to support the implementation of the project “Identification, Systematization, and Promotion of Innovation in the Context of COVID-19” developed by IOM’s regional office for North America, Central America, and the Caribbean.
Under the general supervision of the Regional Director, in coordination with the Regional Officer for Knowledge Management, and under the direct supervision of the Project Officer, the Knowledge Management consultant will be responsible for implementing the tasks indicated in these terms of reference, in coordination with the Project Officer.
The consultant will be primarily focusing on systematically revising, identifying, synthesizing, and documenting innovation, adaptation, and good practices developed by IOM country offices in the region, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. To achieve that goal, the following tasks are expected:
· Development of a Knowledge Management methodology, as well as its implementation, to identify and map innovation, adaptation, and good practices implemented by country offices in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. This can be achieved through planning and organizing interviews, webinars, fishbowls, knowledge cafes, and other methods of knowledge exchange employed to capture and transfer knowledge.
· Documenting innovation, adaptation, and good practices implemented by country offices and the regional office in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, through the production of knowledge management documents, such as reports, learning briefs, manuals, videos, among others.
· Revision of documents for the development of knowledge products, as well as the dissemination of such products.
· Support the Project Officer with implementation efforts, including updating the Work Plan and other key documents available on SharePoint.
2. Tangible Products / Deliverables
The consultant will provide a monthly report detailing the products designed and the activities conducted as tasked by IOM, as a condition for the monthly payment of services provided.
3. Delivery Dates & Details
The tasks outlined in the terms of reference, mentioned above, must be communicated in four activity reports, one for each month of work, according to the timeline below.
N° Deliverable Delivery % Payment
a. Report – Products Created & Activities Developed - February February 28th 25%
b. Report – Products Created & Activities Developed - March March 31st 25%
c. Report – Products Created & Activities Developed - April April 30th 25%
d. Report – Products Created & Activities Developed - May May 31st 25%
* It is expected that at least one knowledge product and one knowledge management activity is conducted per week.
To receive payment for the products, the consultant will need approval from his/her direct supervisor following a positive appraisal of the material presented.
4. Desirable Qualifications:
Education and Experience
· Graduate Degree (Master’s or equivalent) in Public Health, Nutrition, Humanitarian Affairs, Social Sciences, Knowledge Management, or other related fields.
· At least five years of work experience in Knowledge Management required.
· Experience in humanitarian affairs required.
· Experience in migration desirable.
· Fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written) required. Fluency in French desirable.
It is expected the successful candidate demonstrates the following competencies:
1. Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
2. Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
3. Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
4. Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
5.Creativity and Initiative: Actively searches for new ways to improve programs and services.
6.Performance Management: Identifies ways and implement actions to improve performance of oneself and others.
7.Planning and Organizing: Plans the work, anticipates risks, and establishes objectives in his/her area of responsibility.
8. Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
9. Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
10. Technological Awareness: Demonstrates knowledge of relevant technological solutions.
5. Terms and Conditions
The consultant will work closely with IOM Staff to fulfill the tasks mentioned in these terms of reference.
The consultant will coordinate the activities and revise the products in partnership with counterparts, beneficiaries, and IOM. These stakeholders will provide inputs and recommendations to enrich the deliverables.
The starting date will be the date after contract signature. The contract will be valid for four months.
The consultancy is home-based. Activities can be conducted remotely, provided the consultant is available for weekly meetings.
The position is subjected to the certification that the selected candidate complies with medical requisitions and security clearances, if relevant.
Publication Date: January 21st, 2021
Closing Date: February 9, 2021
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org; subject line "CR99/Consult-2021 001/001 CONSULTORÍA GESTIÓN DE CONOCIMIENTO".
Given the large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.