IOM’s Regional Office for Central America, North America and the Caribbean, supports IOM’s country offices in the region, plans and coordinates strategies and activities as well as maintains liaison and partnerships with governments, development partners and civil society. It provides technical support to governments to develop national migration frameworks and strengthen migration management; works with the Regional Conference on Migration and other relevant subregional and regional processes.
The successful candidate will:
• Collect and analyze information on migration from primary and secondary sources,
• Collect information on IOM projects and activities in the region,
• Produce communication materials (updates, info sheets, newsletters, brochures, presentations, among others);
• Prepare and review translations of documents,
• Preparing meetings and events;
• Perform such other duties as may be required.
• B.A. or higher in political science, international relations, sociology or related field.
• Written and spoken proficiency in English and Spanish.
• English-Spanish and Spanish-English translation skills.
• Computer literacy, especially design tools a strong advantage.
• Strong analytical and writing skills;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines;
• Interest to learn about migration issues
How to apply:
• Send your application to ROSanJoseVacancies@iom.int
• Indicate the dates of your availability. Applications without availability dates will not be considered. The minimum duration of an internship is 3 months; 5 to 6 months are preferable.