The Western Hemisphere Regional Migration Program, financed by the Bureau for Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) of the Department of State of the United States, seeks to advocate for the adoption by governments (Belize, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Honduras, Haiti, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama and the Caribbean) and its associates of civil society, of well-managed, regular forms of migration that concurrently reduce flows of irregular migration and vulnerabilities of migrants in transit, while countering the efforts of human traffickers and migrant smugglers.
Under the supervision of the Western Hemisphere Program Regional Coordinator, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for executing the following tasks in Belize:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a national strategy and a work plan for the implementation of the activities of the Program in Belize, in close coordination with the competent national and local authorities.
- Manage project activities ensuring the coordination and coherence of all project components at the national, local and border and cross-border intervention levels as well as monitoring and evaluation of the activities carried out.
- Supervise the performance of the national work team.
- Recruit, administer and monitor the work of consultants and other entities hired under the Program, in accordance with the standards established by the Organization.
- Organize a plan of training and activities that respond to the priorities and needs detected by the counterparts and key actors in relation to migration governance and other areas related to the Program.
- Actively participate in national, local, border and cross-border coordination mechanisms related to migration governance, such as inter-institutional councils on migration policies, forums of migrant organizations, coalitions against trafficking in persons, among others.
- Promote the incorporation of the gender approach in the activities of the Program in a transversal manner.
- Participate in seminars and other relevant meetings related to areas of competence of the Program with governmental and non-governmental entities.
- Carry out work trips related to the general coordination and evaluation of the Program and liaison activities with the key actors.
- Prepare intermediary, final and ad-hoc technical and financial reports related to the areas of responsibility mentioned above.
- Compile and systematize the information of the Program to respond to requests of the Regional Coordination, of the donor or counterparts, on the progress of the program in relation to the fulfillment of the objectives outlined when it is required, as well as for the knowledge management.
- Promote the visibility of the Program and its achievements in coordination with the Communications Officer of the Program.
- Analyze the progress and implementation of the work plan, identify and document the significant events of the project, decisions, problems or deviations and inform the Regional Coordination of them.
- Contribute to maintain and strengthen effective cooperation relationships with key national counterparts (government and civil society), UNHCR, UNICEF, UNODC, ILO and other international organizations involved, to explore synergies and avoid duplication of actions.
- Support in the development, management and negotiation of international cooperation projects linked to the impact areas of the program and aimed at strengthening, continuity and sustainability.
- Other tasks assigned to you.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University diploma in Social Sciences or any related career.
- Minimum four years of proven practical experience in Project Development and Coordination
- Minimum two years of proven professional experience in Migration or Public Politics.
- Proven ability in the design and development of strategies and policies.
- Experience in international cooperation projects with government counterparts.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Languages: Spanish and English, both written and oral.
How to apply:
Please only respond to the following email address: email@example.com, attaching your CV and interest letter (one page maximum), by the 13 of January 2019.