Internship – October 2018
International Relations, Political Science or Communications
Title: Media and Communications Intern
Organizational Unit: Regional Communications Unit – San José
Duration: Four Months (starting October 01 – January 31, 2018)
Working hours: Full-time
Stipend: USD $250 monthly
Selection process: Short listed applicants will be asked to complete an English written test and an interview.
The selected person for this internship will support the implementation of the Regional Communications Strategy of the International Organization for Migration (IOM)’s Regional Office for Central America, North America and the Caribbean. The intern will be working at the IOM regional office located in San José, Costa Rica.
- Senior student of political science, international relations, communications or related career.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and Spanish.
- English-Spanish and Spanish-English translation skills.
- Interest to learn about migration issues.
Support the implementation of the IOM Regional Communications Strategy under the supervision of the Regional Media and Communications Assistant and the Regional Media and Communications Officer.
- Monitor migration issues.
- Development of content for social media.
- Assistance in international meetings, conferences and seminars.
- Prepare and review translations of relevant documents/content which will be used in different platforms. Support the production of content for the institutional blog.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Professional experience in a United Nations agency.
- USD $250 monthly stipend for transportation and food.
- Trainings in communications, social media, migration issues, etc.
Please find below the Terms of Reference